Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Just A One Man Team?
This is a great thread, although to consider United a 1 man team is absolutely ridiculous! They all have a job to do and all do it well. End of! Blah puts it pretty well, tbh. The players are sent out by SAF with specific roles, with the ultimate goal of 4 in a row or 19 English titles. If we sent out a 1 man team, don't you think we'd get turned over every week? Look at the scouse scum yesterday. They are a 2 man team and went away with NO POINTS!
hear hear,

totally agree, i mean every man has specific tasks to do on the pitch, i cant imagine saf in the dressing room saying before the match " give the ball to rooney "
Well, he might. He is quite good.
i know what you mean, but im saying that each player has a task to do
I know. I was kidding on. For sure, they will have a role to play, both when we have the ball and when we don't.
Can we reconsider whether or not we are a one man team?? There seems to have been a lack of belief and leadership in the 2 games that Rooney was either nowhere near 100% and limped off and then was missing. He is certainly the spark and motivator and we are much weaker without him. Certainly, we do rely quite heavily on him. OK, so not a one man team as such, but he is a BIG miss.
Vs Big teams... we need our Top player in the Team to face,,,,
but vs blackburn its our mess!!!!
I read over the last weekend, that Michael Owen is back in training, including gym, weights and some ball work. The reports are promising for next season, but do we need another striker to stop this 'one man team' label?

Do you think that Owen, Kiko, Diouf and Berba are strong enough support for Rooney and what happens if Wazza gets injured, like Michael did?
tats the Real challenge ... if some thng bad happen like tat .. lets who's gonna step up ,...
Yup. That was my question. Will wee Michael Owen be fit and strong all through the season? He doesn't have a great history in terms of fitness, but of course, he has experience. That is something that Diouf and Kiko lack, but the only way to get it, is to play matches and learn.

Berba showed rare glimpses of World class touches, but his lack of goals and movement really grated and annoyed some fans.

What to do?