Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Laurent Blanc lined up to replace Sir Alex
Nice mate Giggs, Scholes, and Ole would be a really top class coaching team, but I'd love to see Ole as manager in the future.
Latest news about the rumour that Laurent Blanc was being lined up to replace SAF suggests it might not be true:

Laurent Blanc has dismissed reports linking him with the France job or succeeding Sir Alex Ferguson at Manchester United.

Having led Bordeaux to the Ligue 1 title last season, ending Lyon's seven-year stranglehold on the title in the process, Blanc has seen his name associated with a number of top jobs.

The Frenchman has been widely tipped to succeed France manager Raymond Domenech after the World Cup while rumours that he will take over from Ferguson once the Scot retires at Old Trafford, where he spent the final two years of his playing career, refuse to go away.

The 44-year-old saw his stock rise further this term having guided Les Girondins to the knockout stages of the UEFA Champions League but Blanc looks set to stay loyal to Bordeaux.

"I signed a contract with Bordeaux for two more years so there is no urgency regarding my future," he told Europe 1.

"I have not received any approaches either from the federation or from abroad. Just because I have strong links with Ferguson, he's not going to come up to me and say 'Hey, here you go Laurent, I've saved a place for you'."

However Blanc revealed that he could easily turn down the France job if he was offered it.

"It would please me, that's obvious," he added. "But I could also refuse it. Contractually I'm not free. Don't forget I have an employer.

"But if they offer it to me, I would think about it of course. But the problem they will have is with dates.

"The World Cup final is on July 11, unless they take a coach who's free, everyone else will be right in the middle of preparing for the new season and I don't see a coach giving all that up.

"For me anyway it would be difficult."

source: skysports.com
That job is to early in his cereer to be honest.
if he makes a mess of it he will be a nobody and wont get a good job agen .
dont know id say if he gets offered the job he'll take it.
hope he dosnt and staying in club football mayb to the prem would be nice!
bet ya liverpool will look for him lol
Last two years only hes te manager of Bordeaux .both the year he won the manager of the year!
1 year he saves Bordeaux from fallout! 2nd year .. he won the championship title. (anyways that is past)

currently Bordeaux didnt lost a Single game out of 6 in uefa group stage!

lets see how hes goona manage that team to an extent.

current stats

Pos Team P Pts
1 Bordeaux 19 43
2 Lille 19 34

lol look at te diff Big Grin

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
who have they got in the cl last 16
(06-01-2010, 04:14 PM)andrewcmufc Wrote: who have they got in the cl last 16

andrew mate

Olympiacos FC vs FC Girondins de Bordeaux home -23/02 » away-17/03
olympiakos they should go through there anyway
nice to see the manc do well init