Poll:
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Total 0 vote(s) 0%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
My theory on Barbatov's poor season last year.
does he have the correct mindset,,, mmmm, i was for the transfer when it happened
(19-07-2009, 02:14 PM)chazza Wrote: Ok well we all know Mr Berbatov didn't have a good season last year but I believe that this was down to missing out on a pre season programme with United. We have seen it before with players that have come in late like Robinho don't often live up to expectations and perhaps it could be down to coming into a club very late.

Now think about it, you have been hounded by transfer stories all summer but you haven't got the move you wanted. Then suddenly at the end of the window you are given a chance to join the club you wanted of course you take this chance. However, you have already missed out on bonding with your new team mates in pre season and playing with them so you get used to their style so you can develop a good partnership. We saw in alot of games Dimitar was making runs but was not getting the ball as United were more used to a different approach and sometimes the same could happen when Berbatov had the ball. So my main point is that hopefully with a full season under his belt and a pre season programme with the club Dimitar can play well and have a good season as it appeared obvious last season that he hadn't settled as well as hoped.

So do you guys think the lack of a United pre season was to blame for Berbatov not playing aswell last season?

i totally agree i think a lack of pre season did affect berbatove this year he will step up
I think that Berba will be presented much better.
He is a very good player with great abilities. And his first seasons in the new clubs are not the best
Berbatov will have a much better season this year. He know his teamates now. There will be even more of a passing game this season which will benefit Berbatov. He will be hungry for goal scoring and he will take his chances! We will not miss Ronaldo - Berbatov, Rooney, and Owen will step up!
Berbatov was compared to the Eric the King, but Berba doesn't work as hard as Cantona did and that irritates the fans. The premier league doesn't allow for passengers in teams they quickly get found out. Berba just has to work harder in the team and the rest will follow as he has sublime skills and flair. Could get a lot of stick this season if he fails to deliver.
Berba joined in a last possible moment last year and found out a completely different team and team-mates.
He has a magic touch on the ball and is among those very few players who think when they play, beside just running like a "headless chiken" aka Tevez.
I am sure Berba will have an excellent season and will score enough goals to help team winning a PL title again.
I think Berbatov's late arrival may have been a factor in his less than spectacular displays but also feel that wehad to accommodate Ronaldo which in a way was detrimental to the teams dynamic. Don't get me wrong Ronaldo was a class act and I'm sorry to see him go.

The thing that frustrates about Berba is that he never busts agut to get into the box. He links play well and puts players thorugh in wide positions and then seems to hang outside the box, I felt when we signed him that he would give us more of an ariel threat but that aint gonna happen from 22 yards out.

I hope that we see the best of him this season and fingers crossed we will................
he wasnt even poor.
berbatov like many highly talented players is more emotional than players around him
everything around must be right before he can fully perform
this year will be different-fergie will baby him until his confidence is completely back, then the spurs berba will be back with higher quality players around him.
Berba to me was star-struck last season. He was in awe with the players, the fans, the stadium and the club around him. It just takes time for him to settle. Also, CR was the focus of attack and that diminished Berba's impact further. He will be good this year with a more tradition set up in the last third of the field.