Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Owen Loves United Life
Manchester United striker Michael Owen has revealed that life with the Red Devils suits him perfectly, and fails to see how any player could be unhappy being surrounded by such quality at Old Trafford.

Owen was a surprise summer signing by manager Alex Ferguson, with major doubts over his fitness and form, but he is in no doubt that playing for the champions is doing him good.

"I'm loving every minute of it," he told Sky Sports News.

"Obviously I'm alongside some of the best players, and the best manager and some cracking staff, so if you're not going to enjoy playing for Manchester United then you'll never enjoy playing football. It's great."

Owen also hailed Fabio Capello's England, whom he expects to seal qualification for next summer's World Cup in South Africa with victory over Croatia at Wembley tonight. The national team's solidity at the back under Capello has impressed Owen, while he also feels that the attacking talents of team-mate Wayne Rooney and former colleague Steven Gerrard mean that the Three Lions are a major threat to any side in the world.

He said: "You'd think it's [qualification] going to happen whether it's tonight or in the coming games. The lads have put in some great performances and got us into a position where you'd think we're pretty certain to qualify for the World Cup now, which is fantastic news.

"They're playing well. Very hard to beat, so we're very organised and we've always got a chance with the likes of Wayne Rooney playing, and Steven Gerrard. We've got some world-class players so with the likes of them in your team you're always likely to get a goal or two."
I get the feeling he is going to really enjoy his time at OT. He just needs to get some minutes on the pitch, tbh. I reckon he can be a star in Europe and the cup games for us, which will give him a stepping stone to premier league games.
He sounds like he's still loving the game and the move to OT was a massive lift for him.
good to see i hope fergie gives him a start soon, i realy wanna see him score a few more for us
best buy of the season without a doubt !
he was signed on a pay per game contract and I think he will score 15 goals in the premiership this season and wait till he scores against liverpool that will be some celabration!
Really hope he gets some more time on the Pitch...With the Champs League and Domestic Cups starting up he should start to get more games and hopefully a bag full of goals
He will get his chances no doubt
Good to see him getting on well and he'll do fine!
owen's a world class player and no doubt he will score more goals or even assists im pretty sure of that..glad we have him in our team. i got this feeling he'll score tonight against Besiktas if he's going to play that is..
Owen is a fantastic player and im sure he'll score a lot of goals as the season goes on.
owen is a great player and role model to have! we have the two best role models giggs and owen!
owen should start now that berba is wasting his chances!
owen for tonight