Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 2 Average
Owen for United!!!!!
(04-07-2009, 12:17 AM)red3636 Wrote: He averages 1 goal every 2 games apparently?Will get LOADS of chances to score playing for us?He is proven in the premier league?He is proven in Europe?He is only 29 and at his peak?Sir Alex Ferguson is the best!And he will get the best out of him!We have got all this for not one penny!Last week we offered £25million and £100000 a week for Teves was it and he turned us down.This guy really is grateful to be here and for half the wages Teves was looking for?What a fantastic bit of buisness by Sir Alex.He is a wise old Owl and we should trust him 100%.

Owen joined Newcastle from Real Madrid in 2005 and scored just 10 goals for them, his time at St James' Park was blighted by a litany of injuries, including foot, concussion, knee, thigh, groin, ankle and calf problems.
I see him as a more than useful back-up striker to Wayne Rooney and Dimitar Berbatov and one whose presence buys Ferguson a bit of time while he develops young talents such as Federico Macheda".
definately give him a chance ... what a smile I'd have if he scores at Anfield to win the game for Utd!
free transfer...plus "pay as you play" contract.....

its a steal....no lose situation for SAF....
under mu, he will be performing better. looking forward to seeing him play.
Hope Owen can return to peak form for the season and put in many key goals.
although he's prone to injuries, he is a predator in the box and i'm sure he will definitely score lotsa goals for us.
i think owen is a good signing, someone who will give goals from the bench and most inportantly content to sit on the bench, hope to see him start and score today
owen is a good signing but i think he will definitely be a bench player with berba and rooney up front. but it will be a good tustle for berba and owen for a starting role.
i think owen will be a great asset to united this season, truely a goal poacher and thats what united need now
Hope he will rediscover his scoring form with us & maybe turn out to be the top scorer at BPL...