Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Pre-season Transfer Speculation & Rumours(2010)
He's pretty old though, could possibly get 4 years or so out of him.
There have been a few threads started that are maybe tenuous links to potential signings. To keep the discussions flowing, I'll copy and paste those in here, as Dale must be a bit busy.

1st from Phil-M.U.F.C.:

(20-04-2010, 04:15 PM)Phil-M.U.F.C. Wrote: Pienaar wants future resolved - Clubs chase Everton star

Steven Pienaar wants his future resolving before the World Cup finals, skysports.com understands.

Everton midfielder Pienaar is currently being tracked by a host of clubs with Tottenham linked with a bid over the weekend.

However, it is also believed that Manchester United and Liverpool are both monitoring the South African's situation at Goodison Park.

Pienaar has just over 12 months left on his current deal and Everton are anxious for him to sign an extension.

"I think Steven would like to know what he is doing next season before the World Cup," his agent Ivan Mudia said.

"I don't think playing in the World Cup will have much bearing on his future."

Everton boss David Moyes is hoping he can persuade Pienaar to sign a new deal, but if he is unable to do so, then the Toffees would be left with the dilemma of whether to sell this summer or allow him to leave for nothing in 12 months' time.

source: skysports.com

The 2nd is also from Phil-M.U.F.C.:

(20-04-2010, 04:20 PM)Phil-M.U.F.C. Wrote: Milner talk irks O'Neill - Villa boss insists in-form winger is staying in the Midlands

Aston Villa manager Martin O'Neill has admitted his irritation at rumours which have surfaced regarding Manchester City's purported interest in James Milner.

The in-form England winger, primarily employed in a more central position for Villa, is currently enjoying his most consistent season to date and a number of eye-catching displays have led to talk of a £24million summer switch to Eastlands.

City's neighbours Manchester United have also been mooted as strong suitors but O'Neill is adamant his player is going nowhere.

On the contrary, the Ulsterman insists he plans to open contract talks with him at the end of the season.

Commenting on the Milner rumours, O'Neill said: "It is irksome at this stage of the season.

"It doesn't do anyone any favours particularly because the player has had a fantastic time and is enjoying his football immensely here.

"He has had a really brilliant time, particularly since moving into the middle of midfield and I am delighted for him.

"James is still under contract with us and it's a case of dampening fires that weren't there in the first place.

"We want the best players to stay here at Aston Villa so we can keep the momentum going.

"But I have kind of accepted it now.

"If it is not James it will be Ashley Young and if it is not Ashley it might be Richard Dunne and then someone else the following week."

O'Neill also denied he knew of any contact from City about the prospect of Milner moving to Manchester in the summer.

"It has got ridiculous now and I can categorically say that I have not heard anything from Manchester City," he said.

"I spoke to my chief executive late yesterday evening and he never mentioned it so I assume they have not been in touch with him either.

"You almost get the impression that stories are put in there to kind of upset you at this stage of the season.

"It was interesting to hear Arsene Wenger talking about Barcelona and having to rebuff stories about someone who was under contract at Arsenal.

"They are having to get Barcelona to make statements about them not coming after a player."

3rd from Phil-M.U.F.C:

(30-03-2010, 01:26 PM)Phil-M.U.F.C. Wrote: Atletico Madrid starlet David De Gea has confirmed he turned down the chance to join Roberto Martinez at Wigan Athletic last summer.

The teenage keeper had been all set to link up with the Latics before deciding he wanted to remain in La Liga for at least another season.

De Gea reportedly rejected Wigan as his long-term ambition remains replacing Edwin van der Sar as Manchester United's number one.

While the 19-year-old has confirmed his interest in playing in the Premier League, he is in no rush to make the move to English football.

"I was about to go to Wigan but wanted to stay at Atletico and take my opportunity another time," confirmed the Spaniard.

"The Premier League would be enjoyable and is an option I would like a bit later in life.

"Now is not the time to move. For me, Van der Sar has been one of the best in the world."

Sorry. I meant to say + rep points to Phil once more. No problems with the posts, I just had my spring-cleaning head on!! Cheers.
Most awaited rumor Big Grin

Manchester United plot £25m bid for Tottenham Hotspur midfielder Luka Modric

Quote:United boss Sir Alex Ferguson is a known admirer of Modric and praised the player's recent performances in his programme notes ahead of Saturday's victory over Spurs at Old Trafford.

Ferguson apparently sees the 24-year-old as a natural replacement for Paul Scholes.

The interest in Modric also casts doubts over the future of Michael Carrick at Old Trafford.

The former Spurs midfielder has not enjoyed his best form this season, and with Harry Redknapp a known admirer could possibly end up as a makeweight in any deal to bring Modric to Old Trafford.

Modric joined Tottenham in 2008 from Dinamo Zagreb for £16.5m, signing a six-year contract.

source:Goal.com

modric will be very ideal .... bt spurs wount give .... Big Grin,
Yeah saw this bit of news too. Would be a great signing he's shown he can handle the PL well but Harry won't let go
SAF tried to lure ,Modric last season also ... for a swap deal ...... carrick+money
Diarra welcomes United link
Real midfielder admits he is keen to find first-team football

Mahamadou Diarra admits he could leave Real Madrid in the summer, with Manchester United a possible destination.

Reports in Spain suggest the Mali international is on Sir Alex Ferguson's shopping list, as he looks to add extra bite to his midfield.

The Red Devils are also reported to be eyeing Diarra's namesake and Santiago Bernaebu team-mate Lassana Diarra.

However, it is believed the former Chelsea, Arsenal and Portsmouth enforcer would carry a hefty price tag while Mahamadou Diarra would be available for a fraction of the price.

The African ace is certainly open to the idea of a move to Old Trafford, with first-team opportunities having proven hard to come by at Real this season.
Flattered

"I am very flattered to be linked with a prestigious club like Manchester United," said Diarra.

"They are a top team and on a same level as Madrid. The Premier League is also the top league in the world, so let's wait and see.

"I am not playing a lot and at the end of the season I will discuss my situation with all parties and a decision will be taken.

"I want to play week in, week out like all top players."

Speculation in France suggests Paris St Germain are also tracking Diarra's availability, with the Ligue 1 outfit keen for him to replace the retiring Claude Makelele.

United warned off Subotic
Dortmund rule out selling star defender

Borussia Dortmund have warned Manchester United off making a move for highly-rated defender Neven Subotic.

Reports emanating from Germany claim the Red Devils have joined the long list of clubs tracking the Serbia international.

Subotic's future has been the subject of conjecture for some time, with the former Mainz man regarded as one of the best young defenders in world football.

Dortmund are keen to keep hold of the 21-year-old and club executive director Hans-Joachim Watzke insist they have no plans to sell him.

"Selling Neven Subotic is a non-issue," Joachim Watzke told Bild.

"If Manchester United is wanting to have him, they would need to sign over a property of two oil-fields to us.

"Or at least two big trucks full of packaged pound notes.

"We have no intention to sell the player, he is under contract."
Happy

Subotic claims he is not thinking about a move away from Dortmund, insisting he is happy at the club.

"It is no secret I am enjoying being a player of Borussia Dortmund," said Subotic.

"I feel bloody good being a part of the squad and have the big ambition to be sucessful with the club in Europe, too.

"Therefore I am actually not thinking about a transfer away from Borussia Dortmund."

subotic is good move ... but askng Big money Big Grin chelsea might splash money for him :|
United track City duo
Out-of-favour pair linked with moves

Manchester United are weighing up a double swoop on neighbours City for Stephen Ireland and Micah Richards, skysports.com understands.

Ireland's future at City is looking increasingly uncertain after failing to hold down a place in Roberto Mancini's plans.

The 23-year-old has completed 90 minutes for City only twice since Mancini replaced Mark Hughes in December.

The talented midfielder, who was named the club's player of the season last term, has found himself sidelined this season and it has been widely reported that he is seeking regular first-team football and may be open to a move away from Eastlands.

Richards' future at City has also been the subject of conjecture in recent weeks as the club are continually linked with moves for a new right-back.

Tottenham have been credited with an interest in Richards, but United could also be in the market for the England international as they seek a long-term replacement for Gary Neville.
United boss Sir Alex Ferguson has been a long-term admirer of Ireland and Richards and is believed to have sounded out moves for the pair in the past.

Ferguson could be encouraged to make a move for the duo in the summer if City decide to make them available to make way for new signings in the close-season.

Manchester United Chief Executive David Gill: Sir Alex Ferguson Will Have Money To Spend

Red Devils top-brass gives spending the green-light...

Quote:Manchester United chief executive David Gill has reiterated that manager Sir Alex Ferguson will have money to spend this summer to strengthen his squad.

Gill has moved to dismiss suggestions that the crippling debts run-up at Old Trafford will prevent them from any transfer activity when the market reopens.

He also moved to allay fans' fears that they will see a repeat of last year, where despite the £80 million sale of Cristiano Ronaldo to Real Madrid, United failed to spend a penny.

Having already agreed deals to bring Chris Smalling from Fulham and Javier Hernandez from Chivas next season, Gill has confirmed the club will also look to add more players but refused to reveal any names.

"I can look you in the eye and tell you straight that we have the transfer funds available to the manager," Gill told the Manchester United Disabled Supporters Association magazine 'Rollin' Reds'.

"Targets have been discussed already, as you'd expect, but it's not our style to talk about names and it never will be."

Gill also gave his opinion on the on-going protests by United fans, who are now adorned in the infamous green and gold scarves at both home and away games.

Despite preferring to see the red and white of Manchester United in the stands, he recognised the right supporters have to show their feelings and make their voices heard.

"I've asked the players and they say they are not distracted, but if your question is 'Would I prefer all red and white instead of gold and green when you have a full stadium and you are playing host to famous opposition', of course I would," he added.

"If the question is 'Would I prefer not to look out of my office and see the scarves they are selling on the street', of course I'd prefer that. But as Alex [Sir Alex Ferguson] has said, people have a right to protest.

"Nobody is going to stop that, and in the ground itself we are not going to stop that, but I do object to the obstruction of peoples' view by some banner when they have paid good money for their seats."

Source: Goal.com - Link