Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Pre-season Transfer Speculation & Rumours(2010)
Cardiff agree Drinkwater loan
Bluebirds secure season-long loan for young midfielder

[Image: 2i9s6dj.jpg]

Quote:Cardiff have agreed a deal with Manchester United for the loan signing of midfielder Daniel Drinkwater.

The 20-year-old, who spent last season on a similar deal at League One outfit Huddersfield, will spend the 2010/11 campaign with the Bluebirds.

Drinkwater, an England Under-19 international, is yet to make his Red Devils breakthrough but has been involved in their matchday squad.

A statement on the Cardiff's official website said: "Cardiff City can confirm that we have reached an agreement with Manchester United for the loan signing of talented young Old Trafford midfielder Daniel Drinkwater."

Drinkwater made 30 appearances during his time with Huddersfield, scoring two goals.

source: skysports.com
Sneijder's heart is with Inter
Dutch maestro crushes United's hopes of a £29million move

[Image: 9jlnhd.jpg]

Quote:Holland's World Cup finalist Wesley Sneijder has told Inter Milan that he has no intention of leaving the Giuseppe Meazza this summer.

Reports have emerged that Manchester Unitedare planning a £29million offer for the classy playmaker after he helped Inter to the treble trophy success of the UEFA Champions League, Serie A and Coppa Italia last season.

But as he prepares for Sunday's World Cupfinal against Spain, Sneijder insists that he is fully committed to the Italians and has seemingly crushed Sir Alex Ferguson's hopes of luring the 26-year-old to Old Trafford.

The Dutchman, who joined Inter in the August of 2009 having failed to make the grade at Real Madrid, said: "I am staying. I will play for Inter Milan next season.

"My heart is in Milan. With Inter, I won everything last season and there's a lot more to win, like the European Super Cup, Italian Super Cup and the World Club Cup, which are all great trophies."

Sneijder is aware of Manchester United's interest, but Inter president Massimo Moratti told the Italian press on Wednesday that the midfielder, the joint top-scorer at this summer's World Cup, was not for sale.

Annan linked with top clubs
African star attracts interest after World Cup

[Image: dgrjom.jpg]

Quote:Ghana midfielder Anthony Annan has been linked with moves to Premier League clubs Chelsea and Manchester United, as well as French outfit Lyon.

The 23-year-old Rosenborg midfielder has impressed many with his energetic performances for the Black Stars during this summer's World Cup, alerting a number of big clubs to his situation.

Annan has been dubbed 'the next Claude Makelele' by many, as his ability in defensive midfield is akin to the former France international.

Annan admits he is flattered to be linked to the trio of clubs, but would not go into detail regarding his future destination.

He said: "I am fine at the moment. I've heard a lot about me going every summer but nothing is fazing me.

"It is good to hear about Man United, Chelsea and Lyon, but nothing is official.

"It is flattering, Lyon is a big team in Europe. But I have a contract with Rosenborg until December 2011 so let's wait and see."

I'm really disappointed at our trasfer market!!

A lot of names were thrown around by the club and SAF, but none materialized - we don't have the money any longer to compete with other clubs, and things have only been said to placate the supporters into thinking that United might buy someone big!

The 80million for Ronaldo have been siphoned by the club, and it's not true that there is money to spend - we have become a second - rate team!
Ozil makes Bremen pledge
German star wants to honour contract

[Image: 33votoy.jpg]

Quote:Mesut Ozil has stated that he wishes to stay at Werder Bremen, despite being linked with a host of Europe's top clubs.

The 21-year-old enjoyed an outstanding World Cup with Germany, where he scored once and played an integral part in his side's run to finish in third place in the tournament.

With Manchester United, Arsenal and Barcelona all linked with a possible move for the playmaker, speculation has been rife that he will leave Bremen to pastures new after establishing himself as one of the finest young players in world football.

Barca are rumoured to have offered Ozil the opportunity to stay with the club until next year, as well as offering two players to the club if he would agree terms now.

However, the World Cup Golden Ball nominee has insisted he will stay put next season, claiming that he wants to honour his contract, which expires in 2011.

"Bremen want me to fulfil the contract and so do I," he told Bild.

"I have always said that I want to fulfil my contract, that is important to me."

Sevilla expect Fabiano stay
Sporting director claims Fabiano only has eyes for Sevilla

[Image: 2qbr5gy.jpg]

Quote:Sevilla sporting director Ramon Rodriguez believes Luis Fabiano will snub AC Milan in favour of a stay at Sanchez Pizjuan.

The Brazil striker has been linked with a move to Serie A in the summer transfer window, with Milan topping the list of likely destinations.

Rodriguez, though, has been in regular contact with his star striker during the World Cup and believes he would rather stay in Spain, despite Fabiano himself suggesting otherwise.

The 29-year-old has hinted that a move to Milan or Manchester United would be of particular appeal, but neither club, according to Rodriguez, have been in contact over his signature.

"I spoke to Luis almost every day when he was in South Africa and his main, and I believe only, idea is to remain at Sevilla," he said.

"Milan, as of today, have not made any offer. Not Milan or any other club.

"We are expecting him back on the 26th July (for pre-season training), along with (Didier) Zakora and (Sebastien) Squillaci (who were are also away at the World Cup)."

Fergie denies Sneijder bid
United boss happy with his squad

[Image: t9i79l.jpg]

Quote:Manchester United boss Sir Alex Ferguson has rejected reports that he has made a bid for Dutch star Wesley Sneijder.

Sneijder, who is preparing for Sunday's World Cup final against Spain, has been one of the stars of the tournament and his form is believed to have attracted interest from a host of clubs, including United.

Reports earlier this week claimed United had sounded out Inter Milan about a move for the classy playmaker.

Inter Milan owner Massimo Moratti claimed United had made an approach for the former Real Madrid man, but that the club had no plans to sell Sneijder.

However, Ferguson insists he has not made any bid for the player and is happy with his current squad at Old Trafford.

"I don't know where those reports about Sneijder came from," Ferguson told the Mail on Sunday. "How can anybody turn me down when I haven't even made a bid?"

"I believe the squad is stronger than last season with the younger players having another year under their belts,"

Ferguson also played down suggestions that he was lining up a move for Germany midfielder Mesut Ozil as an alternative to Sneijder.

Suarez wants PL move
Uruguay star puts English clubs on red alert

[Image: k98rb.jpg]

Quote:Luis Suarez has admitted he would like to move to the Premier League in the future, touting Manchester United and Tottenham as possible suitors.

The Ajax striker has enjoyed an excellent season in the Eredivisie, scoring 35 league goals for the club and over 50 in all competitions.

The 23-year-old also scored three goals for Uruguay in the World Cup as they reached the semi-final stage before falling 3-2 to Holland.

In what was an eventful tournament for Suarez,he also became the villain of the piece, handballing on the line against Ghana in the final minute to deny the Black Stars the winning goal in the final minute of extra-time to concede a penalty, which was missed by Asamoah Gyan.

There has been speculation over a move to United before in his career, but Suarez now feels it could be time to leave Holland and that the lure of playing in the Premier League would be too tempting to turn down.

"I am not going to make any secret of my admiration for the Premier League," he told the Daily Star on Sunday.

"What I love about it is the fact that there are five or six Champions League quality teams in the league - and no other league in the world boasts that.

"When you look at the players Manchester Cityand Liverpool have like Fernando Torres,Steven Gerrard, Javier Mascherano, David Silva, Yaya Toure and Emmanuel Adebayor and see they are playing Uefa Cup and not Champions League football, it tells you everything you need to know about the strength of the league.

"I know I have had a very good World Cup and with that naturally comes interest from other clubs.

"If a Premier League side comes in for me it will be very difficult for Ajax to keep me and I think they are fully aware of that."

Ambition

There has yet to be any confirmed interest from any club so far this summer, but Suarez has clearly seen previous stories linking him with Spurs and United, inviting them to make an offer.

"Manchester United are a great side and, along with Real Madrid are the most prestigious club in the world," Suarez added.

"You know if you join Manchester United and are there for any length of time you will win things.

"Tottenham hold appeal as well though, they are a team with great ambition and have done well to reach the Champions League.

"I like team that have shown ambition through the money they spend.

"If there are multiple offers form the Premier League I will take time to decide - but at the moment they are the two clubs that stand out for me."