Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
REAL MADRID IN £60M SWOOP FOR ROONEY
United's worst fears became reality today as Real Madrid start preparing a £60m bid for Wayne Rooney.

The Spanish giants have made the Old Trafford ace their No.1 summer target.

United plan to open new contract talks with Rooney next month about a
possible £170,000-a-week deal, but Madrid hope to turn Rooney's head
and intend to pursue the England striker in the same way they trailed wing-wizard Cristiano Ronaldo last season. Madrid eventually landed Ronaldo for £80m and United fear they will make an offer for Rooney that they will struggle to turn down.

Real president Florentino Perez wants to maintain the second coming of the Galacticos and add Rooney to Ronaldo, Kaka and Xabi Alonso.

A Madrid source revealed this week: “Rooney is the top name on the list for next summer. Madrid will pursue him in the same way they did with
David Beckham and Ronaldo. They are always successful and will do what it takes to get Rooney. ’’

Madrid’s general director Jorge Valdano would prefer to sign Atletico Madrid’s Argentine superstar striker Sergio Aguero. But Perez is
adamant he wants Rooney, and he will use his relationship with Ronaldo to try to land the 24-year-old. United boss Sir Alex Ferguson will of course do everything in his power to block any move for Rooney. And the player himself has made it clear he wants to stay at the Theatre of Dreams for life, but Madrid know they can lure almost any player in the world.

Ronaldo has backed up Perez’s desire to sign Rooney saying recently, saying: “I am convinced that Rooney will be a spectacle and a sensation in Real Madrid. I know perfectly this player and he would be a fantastic triumph in La Liga. ”

Source Daily Star

Keep your fecking hands off!
Hands off!! I hope this never happens. I can't see him moving, loyalty to club and family will keep here I feel.

What do you guys think..... Would we turn down a massive bid? and how much of a say would the Glazers have in this?
lads did ye not hear what he sed like 2 mounths ago that he wants to finish his career in a red jersey .he aint going
Haha yeah Rooney isn't going anywhere...too devoted to United he is. Like Donlerz said Rooney wants to end his career at Old Trafford, so don't think he's going anywhere. Rooney's one of those players that will make United history I feel.
I don't think any fan thinks Rooney would ask for a switch.

They're all worried about the financial side of the matter and what the corporate honchos involved in the club might suggest. Big debts + FIFA's pressure on clubs to cut debts could be a factor. When you think of 60 for Rooney + 80 for Ronaldo that's almost 20% of the 700 million debt (not sure of the figure).
Are you sh***ng me?! Deffinetly not gonna happen.....

Edited (sorry) for language.
we Trust in Rooney!
he will explain in simple words y he like to stay as RED!
Man Utd is one of te best/famous club in the world.his home is just 30 min drive away from OT.and hes not a greedy man! who cry for pay hike!.
we lost many to Real . but those guys aggred to leave... nt in Rooneys Case... he love us,he loves United more tan any thnig .
hes united heart&soul fo next 10 years Smile and he will retire as United legend! United assistant coach! one day manager of manutd Fc!
Love ya Rooney!
Well said Vazza bro!
I saw we accept it, and send nani off instead lol, but no rooney is to important
he wants his son to grow up in england so therefore wont leave for spain