Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Re: The BIG transfer chest!
Manchester United Plan Swoop For 'Norwegian Nemanja Vidic'
Quote: Sir Alex Ferguson wants to sign up Norwegian powerhouse Even Hovland after the youngster wowed him in two trials.

Goal.com UK understands that the 20-year old Sogndal centre-back “hugely impressed” the Scot at Manchester United's Carrington training ground. A medical was even carried out during his second period in England last month, although no formal agreement has been put in place.

The source & entire article for anyone who might be interested: Click Here!
Carrick is a superb passing midfielder WHEN he keeps it short and relatively simple . I dont like it when he keeps attempting the golden pass diagonally ala Scholes and simply gives the ball away , happens far too often . And he cuts peoples trees down !!!! Anderson was bought for the future , unfortunately hes having to be used in the here and now and i dont believe he will be at OT next season .
When Carrick tried to have my mum's trees cut down (he was a Hammer, then) he even came out with the typical: "Don't you know who I am?" line. She didn't then. Does now, though, but the trees are still there, lol!
Vidic's link to Milan seemed to have been quashed for now

Vidic's Milan link rejected
Agent plays down reports of Old Trafford exit

Nemanja Vidic's Italian agent has rejected claims that the Manchester United defender will join AC Milan in the summer.

Speculation has arisen over the Serbia international's Old Trafford future amid claims his family have found it hard to settle in England.

The powerful centre-back was forced to deny reports of a rift with manager Sir Alex Fergusonafter pulling out of the side to face Leeds United in the FA Cup shortly before kick-off.

AC Milan have been touted as possible suitors for the former Spartak Moscow ace, while Real Madrid has been mooted as another destination.

Nothing

But Silvano Martina insists there is no truth in the rumours linking his client with a switch to the San Siro.

Martina told calciomercato.com: "When a player is with a big club it is difficult to change, and then these rumours come out just a few days after the close of the transfer market. A contradiction, don't you think?

"There was nothing and I think that there won't be even in the future.

"It is a useless thing that, just because a player is injured or maybe doesn't play well, we are talking of a possible sale."

source: skysports.com
I tend to believe stuff on ssn or the Beeb. If that was from Goal.com, then I'd want to wait until a better source supported it. I truly hope it's true.
1st news story linked to summer transfers, since the window closed has us linked with Jack Rodwell:

SIR ALEX FERGUSON is ready to bring in a new era at Manchester United by fast- tracking a deal for Jack Rodwell.

Fergie's plan is for the Everton defender-cum- midfielder to join next summer's recruit Chris Smalling in the United back line in years to come.
The United boss pipped Arsenal in the hunt for Fulham starlet Smalling, 20. Now he wants to get the ball rolling on a summer deal for 19-year-old Rodwell.

United value their man at £12million and with relations between Everton and the Reds still frosty over Wayne Rooney's 2005 switch, Ferguson is determined to get talks under way early and amicably.

The manager is doing everything he can to maintain his tried and trusted partnership of Rio Ferdinand and Nemanja Vidic and, despite injury worries and rumours of unrest, is confident of them being in place for seasons to come. But he sees a Smalling- Rodwell partnership as their long-term successors.

Fergie believes there will be more than enough domestic Cup ties to keep the players occupied while they learn their trade at United.

The Scot speaks very highly of Rodwell and believes his potential young centre-back pairing could feature regularly together for both club, and maybe even country, if their progression continues at a steady rate.

However, Arsenal boss Arsene Wenger also wants Rodwell. And he will be even more determined to get him after Smalling slipped through his grasp.

Source: NewsoftheWorld.co.uk
id lve to see rodwell at united hes a massive prospect for the future! we might even have the country leading 2 defenders one day!!!
We all got to stop getting excited about buying all these stars because we are in debt and looking like were going to lift the title agen this year I'm happy with a team that can do that arnt you?
The theme of this thread is the amount of cash David Gill says is available for transfers, so that is why we've posted about these players now being linked with the club. I know there is the massive debt, but we're being led to believe they'll spend out. Once again, time will tell....
yes im very happy with a team thats could lift the title again this yr with very little spent in the summer! but football is a fast paced enviroment and teams and squads need to be freshed up and added to, one thing david gill has said is that the glazers understand that to be profitable we need to keep up with the big spenders and keep in the hunt for titles and cups! if these slip away then ppl will stop watching and spending money on the club! then the debt becomes un-servicable and the club we all no and love becomes a selling club and a skeleton of its former self!

so yes there is debt but there is also a need to spend to keep the club paying off the debt!