Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Re: The BIG transfer chest!
Vidic dismisses exit talk
United defender hoping to see out contract

Nemanja Vidic has insisted that he wants to honour his Manchester United contract and stay with the club until 2012.

The Serbia centre-back has been a star performer for the Red Devils over the past few seasons but speculation about his future has surfaced in recent months.

He has been linked with a move away from Old Trafford even though reports of a bust-up with manager Sir Alex Ferguson were dismissed in January.

Vidic's agent has previously admitted his client is becoming tired of the transfer talk and the player has now announced that he fully intends to remain with United.

"I will repeat for the 100th time: my contract with Manchester is until the summer of 2012 and I want to stay in Old Trafford until the last day," Vidic told Belgrade daily Vecernje Novosti.

"Only this is true, everything else is a baseless story."
No contact

Vidic is understood to have attracted the attention of several top European clubs including Real Madrid and Barcelona, but he says there has been no approach.

"No, no, no, I have made a career in Manchester and I respect that fully," he stressed.

"No-one has contacted me and I have not spoken to anyone."

Vidic has missed a number of recent matches due to injury but he is now looking forward to getting back on the pitch.

"First I had troubles with a calf muscle, but I started with training too early and felt strong pain in the back of a calf," he explained.

"I am healthy (now). I feel strong and I believe I can return in full."

source: skysports.com
we need him in late UEFA matches.... its will be a great to have him at finals.. hope he get well sooonnn.......
Should be back for Everton mate.
I really want Di Maria to sign in summer..then we will have good wingers. di maria on left and either nani or valencia on right. i think we are ok for strikers as we have rooney, berbatov, owen and diouf. although i think owen might leave in summer as he isnt playin so often. and if vidic decides to leave, i would like to see a deal done to see benzema come over as part exchange. anyone know if the defender Dodo is at old trafford? also, if we could get a clever attacking center mid. it would be nice as anderson hasnt really fulfilled the attack side of mid. not sure who though.