Poll:
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Total 0 vote(s) 0%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Refs!!!
in the wake of some horrific performances by refs i thought it would be good to have a thread to let ppl give there views on the performances!

love them or hate them there proffesion is under scrutiny all the time do they get a ruff ride or do they deserve it??

YOU DECIDE
The refs are not helped by people, mainly managers and ex-pros, etc who are so ready to comment on incidents that they can analyse from 20-odd different angles, with super slo-mo. We really mustn't get sucked into this 'blame the ref' when something goes against you or your team. There really must be more respect for someone who is only human, sees it once and is generally, making an honest decision.

This poor behaviour by senior pros, managers and pundits, then filters down to minor and youth soccer, where players, supporters, friends and family all think it is their given right to abuse an official for what might be a simple mistake. It happens. I have refereed mini soccer games and been accused of cheating on 2 separate occasions. The kids in the 1st instance were U8s and the 2nd time, U10! I give up my time freely so that the kids can learn the spirit of the laws of the game. But when they see people on Sky taking the easy option to blame the ref, then they think it's right.

How many of you who work in high pressure jobs NEVER make a mistake?
in the case of linesmen they do an impossible job as it is simple science to say they cant look at 2 places at exactly the same time altho i think that last nights offside was a little easier to spot than that!

i do think refs do an ok job but i also believe they dont help themselves sometimes as they need continuity in decisions so if it deserved a yellow last weekend it surely deserves one on another weekend!
Refs are in an unwinnable position , Sky have cameras at every match and cover every angle . Any mistake made by a ref is highlighted and replayed to death . Without the ref we cant have football . Although for the life of me i cant understand why the hell we need a fourth official next to the dugouts , all it does is fan the flames when something controversial happens and he just holds up a minutes board at the end , how about we play the ninety stopping the clock for goal celebrations etc etc then just play until the ball goes out of play
REMEMBER THE DECISION AGAINST FLETCH FOR CHELSEA WHEN THEY SCORED THERE SECOND GOAL?? STINKER!
In your opinion, of course. 1st look at that, I thought it was a free kick, only harsh. I shouted at the TV that it was a stupid challenge, especially there. Only with the aid of numerous replays can we then see its a harsh decision.
We live in a very unforgiving world and everyone is expected to be perfect all the time. Refs get a hard time because of TV replays. As stated above every angle is covered and it is so easy to make a ref look incompetent. latest major mistake I seen was when Stoke had second goal disallowed on Tuesday night.
The time has come for some element of tv Replay to be viewed by 4th official. There is too much at stake and if ref's are always getting the blame we will end up with good ref's retiring from the game.
Frankly I wonder some time how they manage to see so much. Even with replays it sometimes takes a look from quite a few angles to see what actually happens and they must make instant judgements.
(18-02-2010, 04:08 PM)C Scott Wrote: We live in a very unforgiving world and everyone is expected to be perfect all the time. Refs get a hard time because of TV replays. As stated above every angle is covered and it is so easy to make a ref look incompetent. latest major mistake I seen was when Stoke had second goal disallowed on Tuesday night.
The time has come for some element of tv Replay to be viewed by 4th official. There is too much at stake and if ref's are always getting the blame we will end up with good ref's retiring from the game.
Frankly I wonder some time how they manage to see so much. Even with replays it sometimes takes a look from quite a few angles to see what actually happens and they must make instant judgements.

No way TV replays can be used on decisions in football matches. It just won't work. How to stop and restart a game? There are no natural breaks, unlike rugby and american football, where the technology suits.

It's always been like this and is part of the passion and fun.
i have always been of the opinion that football got to the level it is now mistakes and all with the refs we have, but as there is so much as stake financially something has to be done, before things get dragged thro a court! the irish were cost alot of money by the frogs cheating, a simple check on a screen woul have saved all of this. im not sure how replays could be used but i think it is inevitable something will happen sooner rather than later!

p.s u have to blame someone and scream at someone!
refs are getting worse and worse all the time though.