Poll:
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Total 0 vote(s) 0%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Rooney is better than Ronaldo...according to the flop!
Dimitar Berbatov has been very praiseworthy of his team mate Wayne Rooney, claiming that he is the best player in the league.

Like every other United player these days, Berbatov has been asked how we will cope without Cristiano Ronaldo, but our Bulgarian reckons we already have a player, in Rooney, who will add a lot more to our team than Ronaldo did.

“Wayne is the biggest talent in the Premier League,” said Berbatov. “We have lost a great player in Ronaldo, but even when he was at the club Wayne was still the biggest natural talent for me. He has much more to his game than Ronaldo. I wish Cristiano well, but he is our past now and Manchester United can become bigger and better without him.”
rooney is a great player and deserves to score about 30 goals this season
yeh but hes not better than ronaldo
nah he isnt but he not far behind him
Berba talks a lot of sense, tbh. Wazza is a player determined to fight for his place, his club and his teammates. He is a player who will play out of position for the greater cause and is not someone who is out for his own good.
I agree that Ronny was a superb talent and won everything he could in the English game, but was not in it for the long haul, whereas Wazza has stated he wants to finish his career at OT.
They can't really be compared, as they are such different players. For sure, there are so many tricks up Ronny's sleeve, but maybe Wazza's strength is better. His power and energy, too. They both have terrific mood swings and wear their hearts on their sleeves. When it comes to finishing, there isn't much to choose between them? Maybe Ronny was a little (lot?) more selfish with the ball.
However, Ronny is now part of United's glorious history and Wazza is part of the 'now', so of course, he's become the fans' favourite, if he wasn't already.
BTW, not sure I totally agree with tagging Berba 'the flop'. Great touch, and brings other players into the game. Check the Opta stats for last season. He made more passes and more tackles than Tevez, who was like a headless terrier at times.
I agree,Berbatov had no pre season last year and it takes time to settle into Utd's style of play and whole set up.Dont forget he spurned the bluenoses at the 11th hour because he wanted to play for Manchester United even though they were offering him a lot more money?
That speaks volumes for me and himself and Rooney/Owen will create and score a lot of goals over the next few years for the Champions.
Defo a better team player and more dynamic but not better skillwise
Rooney is not better than Ronaldo but he works harder than Ronaldo
different type of players, rooney works harder but ronaldo was flashier but both capable of pure genius
Well he certainly played a big part in providing the platform from which ronaldo played so well. different players though and different qualities