Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Rooney to negotiate new contract and Roman abromivichs yacht
Wink 
Read this on sky sports website this morning

Quote:Wayne Rooney expects to negotiate a new deal with Manchester United at some point over the next few months.

Rooney achievements over the past few seasons have not gone unnoticed, with the striker now regarded as one of the finest players in his position on the planet.

Rumors have suggested Spanish giants Barcelona and Real Madrid could both be interested in lodging bids for Rooney's services but he has laughed off the speculation.

The 24-year-old, currently preparing for England's friendly against Brazil on Saturday, maintains that he is still loving life at Old Trafford and has no intention of leaving.

"It is nice to be noticed but I have said before, I am really happy at United," he said. "Unless they tell me otherwise, I can't see myself leaving.

"I have got two years left on my contract after this year and I am sure we will be negotiating a new deal in the next few months.

"I love the place. It is 30 minutes from home and all my family, and I have got a great chance of winning trophies."

this is great news for us, so where wazzas heart is anyway, he thinks about his football and not money
I think they'll do him a decent deal tbh. There must be some money down the back of the sofa, even after servicing the debt. And so long as they throw in child minding facilities, it'll be a done deal! He loves the club.
Manchester United will not open new contract talks with Wayne Rooney until "February".

The Times says Rooney hopes to sign a new long-term contract with Manchester United “over the next few months”, but negotiations will not start until February, when the player’s agent, Paul Stretford, returns from a nine-month ban.

Stretford was banned from player representation in May last year after an FA inquiry into how he signed up Rooney in 2002.

In February Stretford, who has since set up the Triple S Sports and Entertainment Group, will look to open discussions with United over an extension of Rooney’s £100,000-a-week deal, which was signed in November 2006 and runs until June 2012

source::tribalfootball
I think the key are the words "Wayne Rooney expects to negotiate a new deal with Manchester United at some point over the next few months."

I think the report is underlining Wazza's desire to stay at United and warn off would be suitors (Barca, etc.) from even trying to sign him. I didn't read the report as saying that they were entering into negotiations rigt now.
Still, it's handy to have the background on the story and when we can expect to hear news coming from OT.
I can see a fairly long contract coming, tbh.
YA!
may be 6 years........Smile
and with buyout claw ??????????
did i tell ye that he wouldnt go Wink
Great news!!

Just hope fergie doesnt start throwing shoes and spoil it!! Haha
if he trew one at rooney hed get it back at em hahaha
(15-11-2009, 10:14 AM)donlerz Wrote: if he trew one at rooney hed get it back at em hahaha

lol, he probably would, beckham wouldnt throw one back because he was a pussy
haha dont bad mouth beckham please he's a god Smile