Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 3 Average
United Sign Valencia
might not score many goals but he will make them happen Smile
Anyone see what shirt number he wore last night?
he was seriously impressive last night- bargain
Going to be a top player for us
Going to be a top player for us!!!
wonderful debut goal : )
btw, i think his second match was awesome too Smile Smile
Ya I agree with the post above the one above me ( if you get what i mean Wink!! )
I think he will be an excellent signing.
(30-06-2009, 11:03 PM)ManUtdPeople Wrote: Manchester United is delighted to announce that it has completed the signing of Antonio Valencia from Wigan on a four-year contract for an undisclosed fee.

The 23 year-old Ecuador international has played 34 times for his country, scoring four goals.

Sir Alex Ferguson said:

"Antonio is a player we have admired for some time now, having spent the last two years in the Premier League with Wigan. I am sure his pace and ability will make a significant contribution to the team."

Antonio Valencia said:

"Joining Manchester United is a dream come true for me. I have enjoyed my time at Wigan, but I am thrilled to have the chance to challenge for the biggest honours in club football here.

"Playing in front of 76,000 fans alongside players like Wayne Rooney, Rio Ferdinand and Ryan Giggs will be an amazing experience. I can’t wait to get started."
speed kills, will be a very good man u player
(07-07-2009, 02:58 AM)red3636 Wrote: Going to be a top player for us!He is very much an attacking player and also tracks back to defend.

that is a good point as he, unlike ronaldo gets back to help the full back which will allow rafael to bomb forward
I think Valencia can be a top player for us, he has the ability as he has shown at a much lesser team, and he will get better supply with more space and have strikers making better runs ahead for the final ball. Not to mention he is still young and has potential to develop which Im sure he with us (no better place).

I think he could be a big hit, my only concern would be that he will need some time to settle into a new team (natural of any player that moves). It may be the middle of the season before we actualy see his true abilities!!

Having said that, I still think we maybe could be doing with another little bit of spark in the middle, but not sure who I would buy (and not many are available).