Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Vidic Faces Boot From Old Trafford?
This was a rumor that I thought was tosh a few days ago, but I'm getting slighly worried, and thought that I should share it with you.

The rumor is that Vidic is not really injured, but is preparing to move to Barcelona for £55m, and that Alex Ferguson will anounce it as soon as he finds a replacement.

Having our best defender go is obviously a big loss, but £55m is an aufully colossal amount of money for a defender.

We already know that his wife is unhappy in England, and she would obviously encorouge a move to Spain.

I've heard that Ferguson has seen a dip in his performances in training and saw £55m as a bargain.

I've also hear another rumor that £60m of the £80m that we got from Ronaldo has been used to clear some of the £700m or so debt we have, and Alex Ferguson has been told to say that he doesn't want to buy any more players.

Do you think we should let Vidic go? And if so, what would you do with the money?
this is the first I have heard of this very worrying if it's true
For that much he can go we can let delaet and ferdi build a centerback relation ship and the da silva bros can step up ,
but I dont want him to go unless its ALOT of money
There are quite a few threads and notices on the internet about this. Some maybe misleading, as they quote Fabbri, who some go on to say is his agent, but Google search says he's not. Some of the stories, though, are old ones, coming straight after the ECL final, when everyone was leaving! Evra to Madrid, too.
If Vidic does go, then £55m is a good amount of money. Evans is probably strong enough to come in now, but then we're thin on cover. The other worry is that rumours also going around that £60m of the £80m United got for Ronaldo has gone to furnish the debt and SAF has been told to say we're not in for more players. If that's the case, then we'll struggle to get good cover in various positions.
Not good if he goes this season, as we are thin in that area. He should have been Premier league player of the year, in my opinion.
dont know if thats true, dont think sir alex should sell our best defender right now as we have no cover in that area for big games, as for the debt story that may be true as he shouldv been buying players for the positions ronaldo and tevez vacated.
Just heard NOOOOOOOOOOOO
Man that sucks if he leaves didnt he just had his contract renewed??

I mean Johny is Ok... But Not Vidic GOOD but I GUESS a $55-65Mill could be good MAYBE..

Just goes to show when people say
Manchester United is not the Best!!!!!....Oh yeah
Van Nistelrooy €24 million
Beckham €35 million
C.Ronaldo £80 million
Vidic ???????

Correct me if am wrong.lol
(18-08-2009, 01:28 AM)kasaki Wrote: For that much he can go we can let delaet and ferdi build a centerback relation ship and the da silva bros can step up ,
but I dont want him to go unless its ALOT of money

YEP!!!!!!:HotDog:Big Grin
it has been reported on sky sports that vidic's agent has denied claims of a move, very worrying that their was talk of him moving in the first place
on sky sports it said that he might move for £20

£20m!!! it should be £50m!!!
Nemanja Vidic's agent has moved to reject claims he suggested the centre-back would be interested in seeking a 'dream' move to Barcelona.

The Serbia international has emerged as a defensive colossus since arriving at Old Trafford from Spartak Moscow in 2006.

Vidic's impressive form has led to speculation that several European clubs are interested in securing his services.

Barca have been mooted as suitors for Vidic, and quotes emerged from the player's agent intimating that he would be keen on a deal.

Paolo Fabbri was reported to have told Catalan radio station RAC-1 and El Mundo Deportivo: "It would be a dream for Vidic to play for Barcelona. He would be delighted to join them, as he wants to play in La Liga.

"We have to take a close look at the situation. But things are complicated at the moment. Manchester United have just lost Cristiano Ronaldo and Carlos Tevez, and they do not want to lose another important player."

However, Fabbri has since denied he made such comments and has instead insisted Vidic is settled at Premier League champions United.

"This is not true," he said. "I never said these things. Nemanja is happy in Manchester. If Barcelona do make an offer for him then it is up to United to make a decision."

source: skysports.com
(19-08-2009, 11:16 AM)andyc09lad Wrote: Nemanja Vidic's agent has moved to reject claims he suggested the centre-back would be interested in seeking a 'dream' move to Barcelona.

The Serbia international has emerged as a defensive colossus since arriving at Old Trafford from Spartak Moscow in 2006.

Vidic's impressive form has led to speculation that several European clubs are interested in securing his services.

Barca have been mooted as suitors for Vidic, and quotes emerged from the player's agent intimating that he would be keen on a deal.

Paolo Fabbri was reported to have told Catalan radio station RAC-1 and El Mundo Deportivo: "It would be a dream for Vidic to play for Barcelona. He would be delighted to join them, as he wants to play in La Liga.

"We have to take a close look at the situation. But things are complicated at the moment. Manchester United have just lost Cristiano Ronaldo and Carlos Tevez, and they do not want to lose another important player."

However, Fabbri has since denied he made such comments and has instead insisted Vidic is settled at Premier League champions United.

"This is not true," he said. "I never said these things. Nemanja is happy in Manchester. If Barcelona do make an offer for him then it is up to United to make a decision."

source: skysports.com

It's interesting, 'cos the Sun (must be true) run exactly the same story, but sell it as there is still interest from Barca to sign him! They sell it as "UTD Shock at Vid Barca Bid" and add:

MANCHESTER UNITED have been stunned by claims that Nemanja Vidic wants a move to Barcelona.
The £20million-rated Serbian centre-back, 27, has been a target for Barca since the end of last season.

Now his advisor, Paolo Fabbri, has insisted: "It would be a dream for Vidic to play for Barcelona, as he wants to play in La Liga.

"We have to take a close look at the situation but things are complicated right now."

Same words, different spin. Strange isn't it?

I truly hope he stays.