Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Whatever Happened to...
Federico Macheda?

[Image: macheda_12962.jpg]

Italian striker Federico Macheda, who has had his Cardiff contract terminated my mutual agreement, had been at the Bluebirds for just over two years.

The former Manchester United man, 25, scored eight times in 2014-15 but did not find the net once last season in eight appearances for Cardiff and three during a loan spell with Nottingham Forest.

Cardiff head coach Paul Trollope had said Macheda was not part of his plans.

"We would like to thank Federico for his contribution and wish him the very best for his future," Cardiff said in a statement.
[Image: Anders-Lindegaard-Manchester-United-553068.jpg]

Burnley have signed former Manchester United goalkeeper Anders Lindegaard on a deal until the end of the season.

The 33-year-old, capped five times by Denmark, was a free agent after leaving Preston at the end of last season.

Burnley's first-choice goalkeeper Tom Heaton is recovering from surgery on a dislocated shoulder, so Nick Pope has started their past two matches.

"I am here to try and sharpen up the competition in the goalkeepers' department," said Lindegaard.

"It seems like an honest place and a very hard-working place and I appreciate being a part of it."

Lindegaard spent a week training with the Clarets before signing.

He played 10 times for Preston last season, conceding 18 goals.