Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Where Did You First See United?
Thumbs Up 
This is your chance to share with everyone the first place you ever saw United, whether it was live and in the flesh, or maybe a grainy, black and white image on the TV.

Of course, some of our younger members may even have seen their first United game in glorious HD colour!

But never mind. Share your earliest memories here.
Of course, as it is my thread, I will add mine for you.

I first saw United on TV. Yes, it was colour, but at my next door neighbour's house! They had a colour TV before us, lol! I can't remember the details, but I was amazed by these soon to be heroes in red.

My first live game was a League Cup match at Colchester United, who were a lower league club then. The match was at Layer Road, a tight, old-style league ground and my Dad and I actually watched the 2-0 win from halfway up the floodlights!!! No way could that happen these days!

1983 and the goalscorers for United that night were Gordon McQueen and Remi Moses that saw a 2-0 win.
Back in 67 that's 1964 my dad took me to watch the blue side at Maine Road, I actually fell asleep, a few years later me and my mates found our way to Old Trafford and have never looked back, we've had some fantastic seasons, I remember the final game of one of the seasons when we beat QPR 8-1 the pitch was invaded at the end, a load of turf was dug up by the whole crowd, i put my piece in my parents back garden, for some reason my dad never did water it, obviously it died but my love of Man United lived on (corny end) Smile I've seen them all Best, Charlton, Law Ronaldo, and still think Best is the greatest we ever had.
(29-08-2018, 07:40 PM)magthered Wrote: Back in 67 that's 1964 my dad took me to watch the blue side at Maine Road, I actually fell asleep, a few years later me and my mates found our way to Old Trafford and have never looked back, we've had some fantastic seasons, I remember the final game of one of the seasons when we beat QPR 8-1 the pitch was invaded at the end, a load of turf was dug up by the whole crowd, i put my piece in my parents back garden, for some reason my dad never did water it, obviously it died but my love of Man United lived on (corny end) Smile I've seen them all Best, Charlton, Law Ronaldo, and still think Best is the greatest we ever had.