Poll:
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Total 0 vote(s) 0%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
NANI Out!
I think the droped for a few games is a kick in the hole witch he needed seeing his good proformace last saturday!
(25-01-2010, 05:47 PM)DJ Dazza Wrote: I think the droped for a few games is a kick in the hole witch he needed seeing his good proformace last saturday!

The thing about Nani is he is soooo inconsistent. If he can just keep up performances like that he'll win over ALL the United fans
Time will tell hes had more than a few games to prove his worth but admittedly he was great against hull
And there's the key. If he should show that level on a more regular basis, then all is good. However, what we as fans must not do is look to blame any single player for a defeat or a poor team performance. He has struggled for form this season, but to be honest, without a certain Wayne Rooney, don't you think that the team has not perhaps played quite as well and expansively as in previous seasons?
United we stand!
i go against most peoples views and think that nani can and will have a part to play for united! he is still only young! ronaldo was a one of a kind we have to give others a different chance. we as fans really need to get behind him as to me he looks a confidence player if the fans are on his back hes going to struggle. he had a great game on saturday and his pace and skill can be a very valuable assest when were trying to break down stuborn teams that get 11 men behind the ball! id like to see him play 4 or 5 on the bounce and take it from there! i may be proved wrong but with his tricks and pace he would be brilliant to get him playing well and scoring goals!
I am another that agrees with Benn. Don't look for the scapegoat, but get behind all of our players. He does need a string of matches, though.
surely that deserves a rep point lol!
the thing with big clubs nowerdays is players dont get consistant runs of games, i use jermaine pennant as an example he shone when he went to birmingham and played week in week out, but struggled slotting into a rotation policy at the scummy scousers! i beleieve nani to be much the same but if he could play consistanly ish then he would be good!
Rep point winged it's way to you!! I will remember it's working for me again soon, I'm sure!

You're right with the comparison, too, btw. Good job, mate.
There was a good piece in the Sun yesterday that I meant to post for you guys, in case you hadn't seen it. Remembered this morning, while watching Andy Murray have a tennis lesson!

Anyway, have a read:

Manchester United winger Nani last night revealed a heart-to-heart with Alex Ferguson has resulted in a dramatic turnabout in form. It was not quite the Old Trafford manager's usual hair-dryer treatment, more a sharp jolt that has seen the Portuguese winger suddenly win over a large chunk of the fans.

For more than two years, Nani lived in the shadow of the mercurial Cristiano Ronaldo - and even when his international team-mate quit for Real Madrid, he rarely had the look of a £15million match-winner.

In fact, more often than not he resembled a complete waste of money - a player devoid of confidence, unable to express himself and a basically a regular liability in terms of holding possession or delivering the crosses that really matter.

Just like Brazilian midfielder Anderson, whose continued ineffectiveness has seen him drop out of favour with Fergie, Nani was a young fella dying to fulfil his potential but showing precious few signs of getting anywhere.

Then, last November, SunSport reported how he blamed Fergie for mis-managing his career and how he could go from "complimenting you to just plain trashing you in a matter of minutes."

But a string of improved performances, especially in the last two victories over Hull and Manchester City in the Carling Cup semi-final, have altered everyone's perception of the gifted 23-year-old.

And as he prepared for tomorrow's huge showdown at Arsenal, Nani reflected on the change in his fortunes.

He insisted: "Week by week the coach has shown more and more confidence in me and that has really helped.

"United is not a very easy place to recover your place in the first team because there is such a big squad and I had problems at the start of this season.

"Injuries certainly damaged my performances and it was difficult.

"But Sir Alex was very clear with me - he spoke at length about what he expected and was always very positive.

"He changed my mentality and improved my morale over the past few months and now I think I am getting as much satisfaction from my performances as I ever had."

Nani, like Ronaldo, signed from Sporting Lisbon. He arrived in the summer of 2007 but, until recently, the prospect of him seeing out his five-year deal looked bleak.

However, he added: "Sir Alex never treated me with the exit door while I have always insisted that I could perform at my best for the club.

"As I've said before, I am Nani and not Cristiano Ronaldo. I don't want comparisons because our style of play is different."

United's victory over City on Wednesday means Nani can look forward to a Wembley date in the Carling Cup final against Aston Villa on February 28.

They came from a goal down in the first leg and won it with a last-gasp Wayne Rooney strike - his 21st of the season.

Nani said: "We celebrated victory in the dressing room as if we had won the league title.

"It was so important for us to beat our big derby rivals and get to the final.

"The team was very motivated after the first match.

"And with this sprit we knew we could go far.

"A lot has been said about Carlos Tevez and perhaps he celebrated too much City's victory in the first match without thinking about what was to come at Old Trafford. Now the City game is in the past and we are only thinking about Arsenal.

"It's more than possible for us to win in London and this is our objective.

"If we can maintain our rhythm we will remain serious candidates to win both the Premier League trophy again and the Champions League.

"To triumph at the Emirates will be enormous because three points will reduce the Gunners' chances of taking our title.

"And it would also be a great opportunity to send a strong message to Chelsea. This is a very important in the Premier League and we do not want to fail.

"Wayne has been spectacular for us during the last few weeks.

"For me, he is without doubt the best forward in England and Europe."

Rooney singled out Nani's impressive display during United's 4-0 thrashing of Hull last weekend - even though the England striker scored all four goals.

And although Nani has made only seven league starts this season, he was keen to repeat his desire to maintain his form and secure his long-term future at Old Trafford.

He added: "My future is at Manchester United. I've heard all the rumours but my mission is to stay and help the club win more titles.

"I had a good game against Hull City. That's my challenge, to play more, get more minutes.

"I know what the coach expects from me and I'm trying to always offer my maximum level on the field."

United have not tasted a league success at the Emirates since the 4-2 victory in February 2005 when Ronaldo bagged a brilliant double.

How another Portuguese winger would love to emulate that feat and increase his standing with the manager and the United supporters.

Source: thesun.co.uk

So maybe now, we'll see the performances each week. I do believe a run in the team will help the lad. I think it is in him to be a success.
Still we need this Topic!?
Deleting ths Topic will be Great! and a Credit to Nani
how abt a Re-poll?