Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 4.5 Average
Why We Don't Say Man U
yea, its really mean how liverfool n shit could come up with this pile of bs
i just say man utd, but whoever still uses man u and is unaware of what it means, really need to read this forum
TBH I have supported United since 1964 and I never knew that manu was an insult, ive heard so many loyal reds use the term I might even have been guilty of it myself at some stage and i hate with a violent passion people taunting us about munich, rest assured I will not be using it in the future thanks for pointing this out.
This forum is a great education for many. I have used this post to help my young nephew understand why we don't use the term. He still does a bit, but hey, he's 10! When we watched the Arsenal game this weekend, a couple of times he corrected himself and was so smiley and happy because he'd remembered. It isn't that I'll go on at him, because that's not the way. We talked about it, he listened, he learned. If he says it occasionally, then that would be ok, cos he's a kid.
Did not know the origins of that, thanks for the insight. Agree with deepenigma, UNITED - thats it.
I agree that the origin of 'MAN U' wasn't one of our choosing and i generally use United or Man United, but the fact is that some fans have taken what was intended to have been an insult by the fans of various other football clubs then turned it around and sang, chanted and shouted it with pride. I personally think the fact that some of our fellow fans are able to do that is far from shameful and that it shows just how resilient our fans are and that Manchester United is ready for anything anyone can throw at it. but that is just my opinion, i'm sure a lot of other United fans think differently but every one is different and welcome to their own opinion
hello when I was in malaisya i saw the people who wear man united shirts more than the people who wear jeans so i don't care what the united fans called it man united or man u or even just manchester we already know it's just only real team called manchester
(15-05-2010, 12:09 AM)meedo united Wrote: hello when I was in malaisya i saw the people who wear man united shirts more than the people who wear jeans so i don't care what the united fans called it man united or man u or even just manchester we already know it's just only real team called manchester

Oh no no NO! You are very wrong my newbie friend. There is only one United. We are Manchester United. We are not just Manchester!

I am a bit concerned that the people in Malaysia seem to be walking around with no trousers on, though! It must be warm and the laws relaxed out there!

Manchester United, Man Utd but NEVER EVER Man U.