Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
United Agree Terms For Mame Biram Diouf
United and Molde F.K. are pleased to announce that they have agreed terms for the transfer of Mame Biram Diouf.

The 21 year-old striker is to attend a medical in Manchester next week with a view to joining the club in January. Until that time he will remain with Molde F.K. on loan.

Speaking at a press conference in Kuala Lumpur earlier today, Sir Alex Ferguson said: "We’ve been looking at him for two years.

"We weren't intending on signing anyone else after [Gabriel Obertan] last week - we feel we have a full squad - but the situation accelerated to a point where other clubs started to make bids, so we had a decision to make.

"We decided to act now and he’ll be the last person we sign this summer."

To date, Diouf has scored 38 times in 73 appearances for Norwegian side Molde, the same club from which United signed Ole Gunnar Solskjaer as a virtual unknown in 1996.

Diouf's impressive tally of 17 goals from 21 games so far this season includes a hat-trick in the first nine minutes of last Sunday's league match against Brann. He added a fourth strike, in the 27th minute, as Molde marched on to a resounding 5-2 victory.

A fellow countryman of several UK-based players including Blackburn's El Hadji Diouf and Portsmouth's Papa Bouba Diop, Mame Biram Diouf has represented his native Senegal at youth, Under-21 and Olympic (Under-23) level.
He has a great record and came from the same club as Ole so I think he can be a success!
I really wanted Man Utd to get Eto'o, but guess that won't be happening with AC Milan agreeing terms fro the trade with Zlatan
will he be another ole in the making
he has a good height..probably strong in the air and great balance..i hope is his skillful and gets successful with the reserves and the first team.
(18-07-2009, 04:36 AM)orez23bus Wrote: will he be another ole in the making

maybe the next watever number legend...then we'll find our bench strikers from that club..oles legacy
solskjaer all the way.
i never heard about that guy before but he looks exciting
strong player, good finisher, and has a good goal ratio, hope he gets a chance unlike manucho, lets hope he can be at least half of what ole was
dont no much about him but i will love forward to seeing him
I have no idea how good this guy is, but if Fergie rates him that's good enough for me!