Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 3 Average
United Sign Valencia
Manchester United is delighted to announce that it has completed the signing of Antonio Valencia from Wigan on a four-year contract for an undisclosed fee.

The 23 year-old Ecuador international has played 34 times for his country, scoring four goals.

Sir Alex Ferguson said:

"Antonio is a player we have admired for some time now, having spent the last two years in the Premier League with Wigan. I am sure his pace and ability will make a significant contribution to the team."

Antonio Valencia said:

"Joining Manchester United is a dream come true for me. I have enjoyed my time at Wigan, but I am thrilled to have the chance to challenge for the biggest honours in club football here.

"Playing in front of 76,000 fans alongside players like Wayne Rooney, Rio Ferdinand and Ryan Giggs will be an amazing experience. I can’t wait to get started."
Going to be a top player for us!He is very much an attacking player and also tracks back to defend.
Valencia will be good signing who likes to run at defenders and has very good physical and technical abilities. He gave us countless problems when we played Wigan at the JJB.
Great player, still to go with Manchester! Go go Valencia
Why isn't Valencia named in the squad travelling to Asia for the pre season tour. Can someone enlighten me
He wont be like Ronaldo, but then there is only one Ronaldo.
his diff to ronaldo more of an out and out winger
this guy will be the best winger in EPL this year ... in my opinion he was 2nd best winger in EPL last year behind CR7....
i'm very happy with this signing, he won't get the goals cr did, but he will play more as a winger and put loads of balls into the box, whick mickey owen can get on the end of!!!
Nice Player Smile