| Welcome, Guest |
You have to register before you can post on our site.
|
| Online Users |
There are currently 206 online users. » 1 Member(s) | 201 Guest(s) Applebot, Baidu, Bing, Google, Smudger777
|
|
|
| Scholes Set to Pen New Deal Possibly |
|
Posted by: Phil-M.U.F.C. - 20-02-2010, 03:46 AM - Forum: Man Utd News
- Replies (3)
|
 |
Speculation over whether Paul will stay after his contract lets up end of the season
Fergie - Scholes should sign
United boss hoping veteran midfielder pens one-year extension
Sir Alex Ferguson hopes Paul Scholes can be persuaded to sign a contract extension at Manchester United.
The Red Devils boss feels the veteran midfielder should shelve any thoughts of retirement as his performances of late, including a goalscoring outing against AC Milan in the UEFA Champions League on Tuesday, prove he is still more than capable of competing at the highest level.
Scholes recently expressed his disappointment with a number of his showings this season, hinting that he may be ready to quit the game.
Ferguson responded by offering the 35-year-old a new one-year deal, as a sign of his continued faith in the former England international.
However, the issue has gone quiet since then and Scholes is set to be out of contract at the end of the season.
United remain keen get their midfield maestro tied down on fresh terms, but accept that he has plenty to consider before putting pen to paper.
Brilliant
Ferguson, though, feels Scholes would be best advised to prolong his distinguished career as he remains a prominent figure in his star-studded squad.
"I would be happy to do something about Scholes' contract but there is nothing yet," said the Scot.
"It depends on what Paul thinks himself and I haven't addressed it with him.
"But he was brilliant in Milan and his form in the last few weeks has been incredible.
"There is no need for him to think of retirement like some people were saying a few weeks ago.
"He is showing on the field what he is capable of and, to me, another year would not be a problem for the lad."
source: skysports.com
|
|
|
| FIFA sympathetic to Portsmouth selling players outside transfer window |
|
Posted by: Vazza - 19-02-2010, 09:16 PM - Forum: Premier League
- Replies (3)
|
 |
Fifa has indicated it will look favourably on Portsmouth's request to sell players outside of the transfer window, BBC Sport understands.
Pompey have debts of about £60m and are due in court on 1 March to contest a winding-up order issued by Her Majesty's Revenue and Customs.
The Premier League will ask the other 19 clubs before making its decision.
It is likely any players sold would only be allowed to play in the Premier League, not any other competitions.
Fifa confirmed on Thursday that it received correspondence from the Football Association relating to Portsmouth's financial situation.
BBC sports news correspondent Gordon Farquhar believes world football's governing body will support their plea.
"The argument put to Fifa would say it's the integrity of the competition at stake here - if Portsmouth go under all their points would be cancelled and the league table would be falsely affected," said Farquhar.
"For the integrity of the sporting competition, it's better if the club can be kept afloat, at least to play out their fixtures until the end of the season."
source:tribalfootball
|
|
|
| Petition to the Management of Manchester United |
|
Posted by: UnitedsRedArmy - 19-02-2010, 04:08 PM - Forum: The Lounge
- Replies (8)
|
 |
Manchester United is still a work in progress, its history speaks for itself but what about its future?
We have so many conflicting reports, quite honestly, no one is really sure.
Our suggestion is to call the management to account on the future prospects of the Club, to find out how the debt will be managed and what are the plans to remove this completely, allowing us once again, not just financial freedom but also removing any worries and concerns that we the fans have right now.
Most of us are not financial people but everyday people going about their business, we don't want to hear facts and figures thrown at us, just to try and blind us with yet more confusion.
We just want simple things explained in simple ways, so that everyone can understand what is going on but more to the point, we want guarantees now, not useless talk.
We the fans suggest that representatives of both Manchester United Football Club and its various fan groups and supporters clubs,meet with the intention of clearing any doubts of what will happen in the coming years, so we can see a plan has been put together, to remove burdens from the Club and thereby giving us all peace of mind.
All the fans want to do is concentrate on their great Club, watching them play beautiful football week in and week out,not have to sit and worry, will United make it through yet another financial year?
We have a really proud history at OUR club and it is the fans who have helped to make that history also, we both need each other in lots of ways, so lets not fight but Unite in this common goal and take Manchester United into the next 100 years.
If you agree please sign the petition and lets try and make them hear us, it costs nothing other than your time and you could be helping us all find a solution to this ongoing problem.
http://www.ipetitions.com/petition/red-army/
People might say, what's the point?
We have to try right? Afterall its OUR CLUB as well.
If you agree please forward this onto all your United friends and contacts.
Many thanks.
|
|
|
| Becks hails Rooney |
|
Posted by: Phil-M.U.F.C. - 18-02-2010, 07:04 PM - Forum: Man Utd News
- Replies (8)
|
 |
Becks has no fears over Roo
Veteran backs United ace to continue red-hot form
David Beckham is confident Wayne Rooney will still be in red-hot form when England target World Cup glory this summer.
The Manchester United striker continued the most prolific season of his career with a brace in the thrilling 3-2 UEFA Champions League last-16 first leg success over AC Milan at the San Siro on Tuesday night.
There are fears that the demands of leading the Red Devils' quest for silverware at home and abroad could see the 24-year-old flagging by the time the Three Lions begin their campaign in South Africa.
But Beckham, who is on loan at AC Milan from LA Galaxy in a bid to ensure he secures a place alongside Rooney in Fabio Capello's squad, has no such concerns.
"Burn-out will not be a problem," he said.
Ready
"Of course he can sustain that level until the middle of July. He should be able to. He is only 24.
"He looks after himself and works hard. The way he plays is the way he trains. That is why he is so good and why Wayne is ready for any game.
"It doesn't matter how many games he has played or how many he will be involved in to the end of the season, he will be ready for anything."
Beckham feels Rooney could be challenging for the coveted Ballon D'Or if England make an impact at the World Cup.
Neither he, nor Sir Alex Ferguson, have held back from their belief that Rooney has now joined Lionel Messi, Kaka and former United team-mate Cristiano Ronaldo in the elite group of players currently regarded as the world's best.
But Rooney himself takes the accolades in his stride.
"If people are saying nice things about me that is good but I am not really listening too much," he said.
"I am not really focussing on that side of things. I know what I need to keep doing. I just want to keep playing well."
source: skysports.com
|
|
|
|