Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Pre-season Transfer Speculation & Rumours(2010)
Too many times last season we struggled to play the United way . The answer is plain for all to see , we have some very good players , some average squad level players and some over the hill players . Compare that to Chavski , Real Madrid or Barcelona and we are a million miles away .
With the Glaziers debt now at 1.1Billion i think its foolish to consider anything from the transfer rumours other than to take it with a pinch of salt . Fergie may be blowing hot air to the press but if we hope to keep players like Rooney we need to improve the team each season and stay in contention for the major honours . True we did it this season , and even won a trophy but our rivals are all going to invest and improve big time , we simply cant afford to stand still and become also-rans
Did anyone see on the United website that we have so far been linked with 50 players coming in and there are 10 on their way out? It looks something like this:

50 players linked to come in at an estimated £1.004billion
10 players out at an estimated £170million.

That won't help to balance the books and may infringe on the new, limited squad numbers, according to the new rules!

Berba has been linked with Wolfsburg, by the way.
We've heard this quite a few times. Its from his agent, lets hope they're just looking for a better pay package and nothing more.

Nemanja Vidic's agent confirms player may leave Manchester United

[Image: zznemanjavidic491844a.jpg]

>> Agent says he is waiting for defender to make a decision

>> Any potential move would be after the World Cup

Quote:Nemanja Vidic's agent has said his client is considering leaving Manchester United after the World Cup and has yet to decide whether he wants to stay with the deposed Premier League champions.

After several months of his strenuously denying the perception that he may want to move to Spain or Italy, a story that originates from the very top at Old Trafford, Vidic's position has considerably altered, according to Paolo Fabbri, to the point where he is open-minded about a summer move.

Real Madrid are among the clubs who have been linked with the Serbia international, whose position is known to United's management and has led to Sir Alex Ferguson telling colleagues that he does not think the 28-year-old wants to stay in Manchester.

"We are waiting for Nemanja to tell us what we he wants to do," Fabbri said. "We are waiting as it is up to him. He is concentrating on something else [the World Cup] so I guess it won't be until after the World Cup he makes a decision on his future. We have requested some time from Manchester United to think about things and Nemanja does not want to look at things until after the World Cup. Any eventual transfer will take place only after the World Cup."

Vidic, who is preparing for Serbia's opening Group D match against Ghana on Sunday, has two years to go on his contract, the point at which United usually open talks about a new deal with players they want to keep. Wayne Rooney, for instance, has been assured that talks will begin about a £150,000-a-week offer after the World Cup. Vidic, however, has received no such guarantees, with United reluctantly accepting they may have to choose between getting up to £30m for him now or risk losing him as a free agent in two years.

Fabbri was asked directly about whether Real Madrid had been in touch since José Mourinho took over as manager. "I don't know," he said. "We have not heard anything official from Real Madrid. And Nemanja has requested I do not speak about particular clubs while he is at the World Cup."

Source: TheGuardian.co.uk - Link
Want Vidic to stay to be honest.
A few ridiculous rumors, but this is what I thought of the Owen transfer when I first heard of it.

Quote:
Manchester United join race to sign free agent Michael Ballack

Manchester United wait in wings as Real Madrid ponder Raul release

Mate all they're showing is we have no money if we're said to be going after all the free transfers (which hell I wouldn't deny that's the case).
Why talk about has Beens ; we should be going all out to sign Joe Cole , plain and simple
Tosic set for Russian move
Cologne unable to compete with offer for United winger

[Image: 25qurkj.jpg]

Quote:Zoran Tosic appears set to join CSKA Moscow after Cologne revealed they are unable to compete with the offer for the Manchester United winger.

The 22-year-old is currently on World Cup duty with the Serbia squad, but is likely to finalise a permanent move away from Old Trafford after the finals.

Tosic spent the second half of last season on loan at Cologne after struggling to make an impact at United and impressed during his time in the Bundesliga.

Cologne were keen on a permanent deal, and Tosic had also expressed a wish to rejoin the club, but CSKA have reportedly made an £8million bid.

CSKA are looking at Tosic as a replacement for his Serie A-bound compatriot Milos Krasic and Cologne director Michael Meier concedes his club are unable to match the Russians' offer.

"We made him an offer to stay," said Meier.

"But the sums of money put before him make it hard for any German club to compete."

Meier added in Express: "But, in the end, there are only winners in the deal.

"We stayed in the league thanks to Tosic, Zoran was able to show his form and is at the World Cup and Manchester United can achieve their asking price."

source: skysports.com
Preston wait on Welbeck deal
Ferguson hopes to bring United striker back to Deepdale

[Image: 2i8yp0n.jpg]

Quote:Darren Ferguson remains confident of bringing Danny Welbeck back to Preston North End if the Manchester United youngster does not join another Premier League club.

Welbeck spent a spell on loan at Preston last season and scored twice in eight appearances before his campaign was cut short by a knee injury.

The 19-year-old is expected to be sent out on loan again next term and is currently hoping to secure a move to a top-flight club.

However, if that avenue fails to bear fruit, then Preston boss Ferguson is expecting to be have the striker at his disposal in the Championship.

Frustrated

"I've been speaking to Danny and his brother, who looks after his interests, and things are ongoing on that front," Ferguson told the Lancashire Evening Post.

"My feeling is that they think it's right to try and get him out on loan to a Premier League club. But if that doesn't happen, if he comes to a Championship club, it will be us.

"One of the difficult things in signing players on loan from the Premier League is that their clubs often want them to do pre-season training with them.

"It's only closer to the start of the season that they're allowed out. That could be the case with Danny but, if so, we know what we are getting.

"He enjoyed his time here last season and was frustrated the loan was cut short by his injury.

"I'm looking for another striker this summer, one with more pace than we've got."

Burdisso claims Prem interest
Defender waiting to hear from Premier League duo

[Image: 2j1wzd5.jpg]

Quote:Manchester United and Manchester City are both chasing the signature of Argentinian centre-back Guillermo Burdisso, according to the player.

Burdisso, who plays for Argentine outfit Rosario Central, has apparently attracted interest from the Premier League rival.

The defender is highly-rated and has previously been a target for numerous clubs in Italy.

His older brother Nicolas currently plays for Serie A outfit Roma but it appears a move to England looks likely for the 22-year-old.

Burdisso - who has a solitary Argentina cap to his name - says he is waiting for news as to which half of Manchester is looking to snap him up in the close season.

He told the Argentinian media: "I have been told that in the next days an offer from Manchester is going to arrive at the club and that when that happens the manager, Vicente Cunado, is going to tell me if it's from Manchester City or Manchester United.
"In addition, according to what is being said by the press of Rosario, it seems to be that what has been offered is what Rosario Central expects for my transfer."