Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Pre-season Transfer Speculation & Rumours(2010)
CSKA make Tosic swoop
Russian outfit sign Serbia winger from United

[Image: 2eewk2f.jpg]

Quote:Manchester United have confirmed that Zoran Tosic has joined CSKA Moscow for an undisclosed fee.

The Serbia winger has signed a five-year deal with the Russian club having failed to make the first-team breakthrough at Old Trafford.

The 23-year-old joined United in January 2009 from Partizan Belgrade in a joint deal with fellow youngster Adem Ljajic.

But Tosic was expected to move on this summer having made only five substitute appearances for United before spending the second half of last season on loan at German side Cologne.

He is currently with Serbia's World Cup squad in South Africa while Ljajic, 18, was bought by Italian side Fiorentina in January.

Tosic is set to replace his compatriot Milos Krasic, who is expected to leave for one of Europe's top leagues this summer having spent six years at CSKA, helping them to last season's UEFA Champions League quarter-finals.

source: skysports.com
Earlier post says though he was sold around the region of 8 million seems like a good deal for Tosic.
Well, that came out of the blue! He looked sure to join Cologne on a permanent deal. Where did CSKA come from! There was no talk.

Good luck to the young man. He never had a chance with Ronny and Nani, Valencia and Nani. He looked OK when he made his debut against a tiring Spurs side in the FA Cup a couple of seasons ago, but not really big enough.
LIverpool to sign roy hodgson as a new manager this week!
Heaton agrees Cardiff move
Jones happy to bring former loan keeper back to club

[Image: b7mhib.jpg]

Quote:Manchester United goalkeeper Tom Heaton has agreed to join Cardiff City after rejecting a new contract at Old Trafford.

Heaton, who made 24 appearances during a loan spell at Cardiff in the 2008/09 season, has accepted a permanent move to the Championship club and will join on 1st July.

He had failed to make a first-team appearance during his United career, but had been offered the opportunity to stay with the Premier League giants.

However, after spending loan spells at QPR, Rochdale and Wycombe last season, the 24-year-old has opted to link up with Dave Jones' side for the prospect of regular first-team football.

Real prospect

Cardiff boss Jones said: "I'm pleased that we have secured Tom's services from Manchester United.
"We all know about the lad from his time on loan here and know that we have signed a very talented young player.

"United had offered him a new contract, but Tom's attitude was that he wanted to play, which says a lot about him as a player and a professional. He will certainly be a welcome addition to our ranks.

"It's now a case of Tom and Dave (Marshall) working hard with our goalkeeping coach Martyn Margetson, battling to claim a starting place in the squad.

"We look forward to seeing him for pre-season training and know that we have a real prospect for years to come."

Another one on the move, but must have thought he'd be a long way down the pecking order. Good luck to him and as always, we wish him well.
Yeah quite a lot of players seem to be on their way out this summer. Wonder who's next.
Chiellini softens United stance
Red Devils talk sparks Italy international's interest

[Image: 10xqzox.jpg]

Quote:Giorgio Chiellini's agent has hinted that his client may be interested in a switch to Manchester United.

Until now the Juventus defender has been keen to play down any talk of a summer switch.

He was even reported to be hankering after a new deal in Turin, having committed his future to the Bianconeri.

It appears, however, that he may have chosen to relax that stance, with speculation linking him with Europe's top clubs refusing to go away.

Premier League giants United are believed to be leading the chase for his signature, regarding him as a useful acquisition at the heart of their back four.

Chiellini has had his head turned by the mounting interest and his representative has now revealed that he would be foolish not to listen to United were they to make a move.

Davide Lippi told Radio Radio: "Manchester United? It is a club of great importance and we particularly like that.

Honoured

"With Giorgio we have decided not to talk about the market until after the World Cup, then we will reflect on everything."

He added: "I don't doubt that Manchester City and Real Madrid are also following the footsteps of Chiellini.

"We are honoured to be at Juventus and to have attracted interest from clubs like United and Real.

"Giorgio has signed a contract with Juventus two years ago, when he was young, and he has now enjoyed two great seasons and reached a top level.

"It is time for Chiellini to have the contract of a top player.

"We have talked of renewing, but not with the new board. They don't seem to be in any hurry to lock down a key man like Giorgio.

"For now everything is on hold, but we will see."

OMG! It is just anyone who is nearing the end of their contract and we get linked! I wonder how many we've been linked with to date? I know about a week ago, we'd got to 50 players, with a net worth of £1BILLION!!!!!
(18-06-2010, 06:25 AM)Noucamp99 Wrote: OMG! It is just anyone who is nearing the end of their contract and we get linked! I wonder how many we've been linked with to date? I know about a week ago, we'd got to 50 players, with a net worth of £1BILLION!!!!!

Sad to think that if the Glazers hadn't taken over and we stayed debt free we could have brought all 50 players for £1BILLION and be in the same amount of debt we are in now haha
(18-06-2010, 11:33 AM)Scholes_18 Wrote:
(18-06-2010, 06:25 AM)Noucamp99 Wrote: OMG! It is just anyone who is nearing the end of their contract and we get linked! I wonder how many we've been linked with to date? I know about a week ago, we'd got to 50 players, with a net worth of £1BILLION!!!!!

Sad to think that if the Glazers hadn't taken over and we stayed debt free we could have brought all 50 players for £1BILLION and be in the same amount of debt we are in now haha

That's quite a thought! Shame it won't happen. Imagine the line up!