Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Pre-season Transfer Speculation & Rumours(2010)
Manchester United out-of-favour midfielder Anderson eyed by French champions Marseille

[Image: andersenmanchesterunite.jpg]

Quote:Marseille are showing interest in Manchester United midfielder Anderson even though he is unlikely to be fully fit until September.

The Brazilian, 22, ruptured the cruciate ligament in his left knee in February days after vowing to get his United career back on track following a fall-out with Sir Alex Ferguson.

Lyon and Paris St Germain have also shown interest in the past.

Source: Dailymail.co.uk

Manchester United and Arsenal will battle it out for Borussia Dortmund defender Neven Subotic

[Image: 507b.jpg]

Quote:Premier League giants Manchester United and Arsenal are prepared to enter a bidding war against each other in an attempt to capture Borussia Dortmund defender Neven Subotic.

According to a report in Calciomercato, the Serbian international's future at the Bundesliga side has been put in jeopardy after two impressive seasons at the Westfalenstadion.

United have been continually linked with a move for a defender this summer with Nemanja Vidic refusing to commit his future to the Red Devils, and it's believed that Sir Alex Ferguson has identified Subotic as the perfect replacement for his compatriot.

However, they will reportedly have to fend off interest from Arsenal for the centre-back, who is valued at £25 million by his German employers.

Subotic, who represented the United States at youth level, joined Borussia for a reported fee of €4m (£3.3m).

Source: Goal.com

Manchester United Lining up a £20m Bid for Wesley Sneijder

[Image: 400x400wesleysneijderne.jpg]

Quote:Manchester United has recently revealed their interest in the Inter Milan midfielder Wesley Sneijder. Manager Sir Alex Ferguson is reportedly planning to make a £20 million bid for the Netherlands international who excelled in his debut season with Inter Milan.

However, Manchester United has a competitor like Real Madrid who are also eyeing on the attacking midfielder. Manager Jose Mourinho, who recently joined Real Madrid from Inter Milan, expects Sneijder to join him at the Spanish giants.

Interestingly, Real Madrid sold him last summer to Inter following their big money signings like Kaka and Cristiano Ronaldo. While Sneijder had a highly successful season with Inter, Real Madrid failed to win any silverware last season despite their heavy spending.

Real Madrid is expected to continue their spending spree this summer too. So, it looks Manchester Untied would face tough competition from its Spanish rivals in the race of acquiring the player’s service. Moreover, Sneijder may opt to work with his former manager at his former club.

Manchester United is going through a tough time on financial ground and they are comparatively less active in the Summer transfer window. Following the departure of Ronaldo, Manchester United midfield lacks creativity, and someone like 26-year-old Sneijder could only fill up the gap. Moreover, Ferguson knows it very well that his two midfield generals Giggs and Scholes are now almost at the end of their career.

Source: South-Asia Blog (Don't laugh Smile) - Link

Quote:Manchester United are ready to make a £20million for Holland World Cup star Wesley Sneijder . But Sir Alex Ferguson could face competition from Real Madrid as new boss Jose Mourinho wants to the midfielder to follow him from Inter Milan to Spain. (The People)

Alternate Source: Mirrorfootball.co.uk - Link

Alternate Source 2: Goal.com - Link
Silva tempted by Chelsea
Spanish star would welcome Premier League opportunity

[Image: 24vlffd.jpg]

Quote:David Silva admits the Premier League is 'the place to be' and has opened the door for a move to Chelsea.

The Valencia winger is currently away on World Cup duty, with Spain's quest for global glory dominating his thoughts at present.

He has, however, taken time out to discuss his future, with reports continuing to suggest that he is destined to leave Los Che this summer.

A switch to England has been widely touted, with Chelsea, Manchester United and Manchester City all believed to be keen.

Silva has now revealed that he would be willing to make such a move, but has implied that he would rather try his luck in West London than the North West.

Pleasure

He said, in comments reported by the Daily Star: "Chelsea have established themselves as one of the best clubs in Europe over the last five years.

"They might not have the history of Real Madridor AC Milan but they are creating their own history now. There is no reason why in the future Chelsea can't be as decorated as Real Madrid.

"Chelsea probably have, along with Barcelona, the best squad in football and if any player joins Chelsea he knows he is going to win things.

"In players like John Terry, Frank Lampard and Didier Drogba they have players who would get into any team in the world and it would be a pleasure to play with them.

"There is no doubt in my mind that Chelsea would be a great club to play for - and a club where I could fulfil my ambition of league titles and the European Cup.

"The Premier League is still the place to be, no other league in the world has six or seven Champions League quality teams."

source: skysports.com

hope he doesn't end up at Chelsea
Luís Fabiano is off and running i see , this lad is out of contract with Seville next summer so can be bought on the cheap after the world cup . 162 goals in 259 games is a good return , someone United should be taking a close look at . Even if there isnt much money in the coffers Fabiano and Joe Cole can be snapped up dirt cheap . Sjnieder wont come for less than £40M , total class .
Hope he doesn't join Chelsea too, but if they do want him it's quite likely that they'll outbid us and offer him a better pay package. As far as the Sneijder transfer goes, I doubt Benitez will even consider selling him to us.
Fabiano has said on a number of occasions that he would love to play for united . Unfortunately Sjnieder is far to good to come to United , his destiny lies elsewhere
How much do you think Miguel Veloso would cost? We were linked with him sometime ago and watching the Portugal game reminded me of him. Looks like a pretty decent player. 24 years old and 5'11 looks ideal for our midfield.

Edit: Here's the link - http://www.manutd.com/default.sps?newsid=6647024&pagegid={B4CEE8FA-9A47-47BC-B069-3F7A2F35DB70}

Think they rated him at £16m back in March. If we're getting rid of Carrick and Anderson, he's got to be worth looking at.
What about Sergio Aguero? I think he will be a good addon for Man Utd
There's news on the net about David Silva having all but signed for shitty! disappointing if true, especially for someone who said he want Champions League football .
There is also news that Luis Fabiano wants to Manchester United

That good for the team if Man Utd decides to take him?
Iker - Utd and City want me
Madrid keeper reveals interest from Manchester clubs

[Image: 2h7neba.jpg]

Quote:Real Madrid keeper Iker Casillas says he is happy at the Spanish giants - but he has not ruled out the possibility of a move away from the Santiago Bernabeu.

The 29-year-old Spanish international's consistent performances have attracted much interest, including from both Manchester Unitedand City.

While he been at the Spanish giants all his career and is happy at present, he does not rule out moving on some day.

This may come sooner than later if a big money bid comes in for Casillas, especially as new Madrid boss Jose Mourinho has revealed he wants to buy a top-class keeper this summer.

Casillas, who is currently on duty at the World Cup, told the Daily Star Sunday: "I am aware of the interest of both Manchester United and City.

Flattered

"I'm always flattered whenever another club shows interest in my qualities as a goalkeeper. I have been at Real Madrid all my career and I still enjoy going to training every day.

"I enjoy meeting the fans too - but we all know how uncertain things are in football.

"I'm not going to say never. Right now Madrid would have to kick me out of the club before I consider a move.

"Who knows what will happen, though, if a big money offer comes in."

source: skysports.com