Poll: Will Mourinho finish in top of Manchester United?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Yes
0%
0 0%
No
0%
0 0%
Total 0 vote(s) 0%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Who's after Fergie?
(11-03-2009, 12:52 PM)ManUtdPeople Wrote: Who Do you want to see in charge after Fergie?
this is going to be mission impossible, i hope history doesnt repeat itself, after sir matt stepped down united went into decline culminating in relegation, and apart from fa cups, a lean trophyless time. this only got better when sir alex joined. at present i would monitor martin oneill until SAF retirement
i dont see us going into decline we may struggle for a season or so but we will b fine as long as we arent one of those clubs that give new managers 10 games to impress before sacking them
(14-09-2009, 01:27 PM)Munky Wrote: ...... as long as we arent one of those clubs that give new managers 10 games to impress before sacking them

Wise words Munky.

Too many clubs are adopting this policy, should they not gain immediate success.
It is a flawed practice, one that keeps the players and fans unsettled and disillusioned; it can only lead to overall mistrust and longer term failure.

So long as, given the time, we do our homework and take sound advice, from those in the know, (SAF etc.) we should come out of a planned transition without losing too much ground to the opposition.
id like to see an ex-utd player, preferably bruce. i think havin queiroz back wld b also be good.
Steve bruce - with Roy Keane in charge of security and Wenger brought in to do catering (especially good with pizza)
Anyone but Maureen.
would say Mouriniho, but recent performances from inter and their champions league positions is making me change my mind...the mans just not good enough in europe.
he won it with porto
I think it depends on when Sir Alex steps down, if it is sooner then I can see Mourinho coming in, he is experienced, can handle the pressure and is a proven success with a smaller club than United.

But if it is a few more years, I could see Bruce coming in with Queiroz as assistant. Or if Bruce doesnt have a good few years, Queiroz coming in with Solskjaer coming in as his assistant, with Solskjaer taking over as the main man after a few years.

What about Wenger as a dark horse? I can see him leaving Arsenal in a few years, and with him being friends with Fergie now, with more resources than he had at Arsenal he could put a good side together. Probably not though.

I have heard a few people mention Blanc, he is great friends with Fergie and he was offered the assist role after Carlos left, and he has done a great job at Bordeaux. Plus he might bring Gourcuff with him.
I think that I would second Querioz, backed up by Solskjaer.
Both know the club thoroughly, with experiences at all levels, so could indeed be good for club and each other.

If we get a new second-in-command, in the next 12 months, then I would say that that is who the new manager would be.
SAF would then, obviously, be planning a strategic withdrawal.